Hollow or sunken cheeks give one a much older look- and you certainly don’t want that to happen. Cheek augmentation, also called cheek implants, is used to enhance the cheekbones or give your hollow cheeks a little puffy look. Like other surgical procedures, cheek augmentation gives your face an attractive look and balances the facial contours. It also highlights your facial features which make you look more beautiful.
Cheeks fillers with voluma is done by two methods usually:
1. Injecting dermal fillers (This method in non-surgical)
2. Silicone implant (This method is long lasting and needs you to undergo surgical procedures)
How to know if you should get a cheek augmentation?
There are many signs of aging that your body shows. If you have any of the below mentioned signs on your faced, you should consider cheek implants.
· Decrease in collagen
· Wrinkles due to loss of elasticity
· Loose skin on face or neck
· Desire for more voluminous cheeks
· Deflated cheeks due to weight loss
· Facial asymmetry which might be genetical, due to injury, or any disease
If you have any of the following conditions, do not get a cheek augmentation.
· Significant law misalignment
· Poor dental occlusion
· If you have undergone a major dental or jaw surgery
Types of cheek augmentation
Cheek augmentation has basically three types:
1. Malar: The implants are placed directly on the cheeks. It gives your cheeks a higher projection.
2. Submalar: This implant gives you fuller cheeks and helps you get rid of the hollow or sunken appearance.
3. Combined: In this procedure both the cheek and cheek bones are augmented.
How does cheek augmentation help?
Cheek augmentation can get your skin rid of wrinkles. If you have loose skin near your eyes, on neck, and face then it will all be tightened after cheek augmentations. If you get silicone implants you do not need to worry for the rest of your life. They last for decades and possibly forever. The implant is placed deep below the skin on the bone. It is then fixed in position using a micro screw so it doesn’t move. If at any time you want to get rid of them, you will have to undergo a surgery.
On the other hand, if you are getting non-surgical implants done, you need to get the dermal fillers after a fixed time period. Non-surgical implants are suggested for people who are not sure about getting an augmentation done. This method will give you a fair idea of how your face would once you get a cheek augmentation. One must understand the fact that none of the two method stops or slows down your natural aging process.
After effects of cheek augmentation
The common symptoms after a cheek augmentation that people usually notice are:
· Permanent scars in case of silicone implants
· Portions of face will feel numb
· Hypersensitive skin
Some steps that you should follow for a quick post-operative recovery are:
· Brush your teeth carefully specially when brushing the upper lip portion. It might be hard to lift your upper lip properly for a day or two.
· Do not use diuretics, narcotics, and anti-depressants. They will slow down your speed of recovery and may also show harmful reactions.
· Avoid stress, exercises, or any other activities that increase your heart rate and blood pressure.